Wednesday, September 19, 2012

THE FIVE W’S Of Sarah Jio

Sarah Jio has written three amazing books; The Violets of March, The Bungalow, and Blackberry Winter. She is also a magazine writer and the health and fitness blogger for Glamour magazine. Sarah is married and the mother of three young boys. Sarah and her family reside in Seattle. I am a HUGE fan of Sarah's books and am over the moon excited to have her here on A Novel Review! So let's get to know...

THE 5 W'S OF SARAH JIO




WHO? Who are you besides a writer?

I am a mother (to three rambunctious and adorable little boys), a wife, a doggie mama ( Paisley the golden retriever is 10), a gardener, a coffee-addict, a runner, a reader, a sister, a friend, a daughter, a dreamer, and a very imperfect child of God.

WHAT? What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time?

I like to cook, run (my one true escape!), watch old movies, garden, and hang with my family. My idea of a perfect day is to spend at home on my back deck with my husband watching our boys play.

WHEN? When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

From birth. No, really, though—I can’t NOT remember a time in which I didn’t want to be a writer. I have always loved stories—telling them and reading them. My father was an amazing storyteller (still is), and I think his creativity inspired me.

WHERE? Where do you write?

In my little office off of the playroom in our house. This way, I can keep an eye on the kids while I’m working away. It’s not ideal, but it works now that we have such young children. I also love that I can see the moon out my office window at night.

WHY? Why do you write?

Because I have to! Really, I can’t imagine a life without writing. And, when my characters start chattering at me (especially the ones that are persistent and loud), I have to write their stories. It’s as if they actually exist and it’s my job to get their words down on paper. I’m chronically “plagued” by new ideas and characters.

Thanks-you Sarah for joining us here on A Novel Review! I've loved reading all of your books, so please keep being "plagued" by new characters!!!

Enter giveaway for BLACKBERRY WINTER

If you don't follow Sarah Jio you really should!

No comments:

Post a Comment