Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Click: An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker



Renee Green, almost thirty years old, always thought she would be married with kids or at least seriously dating by the time she is thirty.  As her birthday is approaching she finds herself very single and decides, with support of her guy friend Mark, to try online dating.  This story is told through a series of emails shared by Mark, Ashley, and Shelley, all of Renee’s best friends.

At first glance of the book I was concerned.  I was not sure how I would enjoy a book that totally consisted of emails.  I am very happy to say that I loved it.  Even written as it is, it was easy to follow and relate to all the characters.  Click:  An Online Love Story is a funny story of Renee’s travels through online dating with narratives by Shelley, the prowess, Ashley, the conservative, and Mark, the co-online dated, all done through emails.

I have to say I loved Shelley.  Shelley seemed to always have a different guy of the night or day or sometimes both night and day and never called them by name.  She always gave then nicknames to describe their time together.  Every name she gave them made me smile and usually laugh out loud.  Shelley’s email usually included the most detail of her and her man’s encounter, some of which made me envious and some made me go ewww.  She was also the friend that would support Renee and tell her to go for it when Renee was feeling doubt or uncertainty about the men approaching her online.

Overall, I truly enjoyed the story.  If you are looking for a quick and easy read about true friendship with a lot of humor and good times in it, this is the book for you.


Follow Lisa Becker

Buy your copy of Click:  An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker

I received this book from the author, Lisa Becker, for a honest review.  

2 comments: