Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Twelve Days of Christmas by Michele Gorman




When Sam suggests to Hannah that he go home with her for Christmas she is ecstatic.  But when he said he had something important to talk to her parents about, Hannah’s nerves kick in.  Would she say yes or no?  She was unsure.  Hannah knew she loved Sam, I mean she did move to Hong Kong to be with him.  She had no doubt Sam loved her, he told her daily.  So why was she unsure of her answer?

Hannah decided she had to get Sam to ask her to marry her before they go home for the holiday, I mean how awkward would it be if she answered no when they were thousands of miles from home.  With every failed attempt to get Sam to ask, Hannah gets more and more nervous.   As the nerves kick in she realizes that it isn’t Sam that makes her nervous, but it is the things she has either kept from Sam or that he just doesn’t know about her.

The Twelve Days of Christmas read just like a Debbie Macomber story.  Easy and so entertaining.  Hannah’s indecision made me smile, made me laugh, and made me tear up.  Same is the type of guy every girl dreams of.  Handsome, caring, loving, and wanting to marry the love of his life.  There were times in the story that I wanted to yell at Hannah to get over her fears and say YES!  But as the story unfolded, I realized the truth behind her anxiousness.  I was glad that this went a little deeper then just fall in love and get married.

Any romantic at heart should read this and the other books in this series, although this one could be read as a stand alone also.  I loved this book and will definitely be reading the rest of her books


NOTE FROM AUTHOR:  If you are thinking about stocking stuffers, I’d love to sign the books for you (eBooks can be given as gifts through Amazon and Barnes and Noble). You  can make a request for a personalized eBook inscription through www.kindlegraph.com (adding their friend’s email address and a note so that I know who it’s from/for and the occasion). For paperbacks you can request through my website (http://michelegorman.co.uk/Bookplates.html) and I’ll send a bookplate to paste inside the front cover.
You can purchase The Twelve Days of Christmas by Michele Gorman on Smashwords

And since my first-born, Little Sacrifices (which of course I love just as much as his sisters) is feeling a little left out after all the chick-lit fuss around The Twelve Days' arrival, I'd like to offer everyone this 50% off gift voucher. If you'd like Little Sacrifices, go to Smashwords by November 11th and enter voucher code LH58H. He's available globally in all eBook formats. 

*Disclosure: Charlotte received this book from the author for a honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment