Friday, November 30, 2012

The Wild Princess by Mary Hart Perry

Reviewed by Laura Kay


Princess Louise, daughter of Queen Victoria was not your ordinary princess. Not happy with her artistic education with tutors  the Princess fought with her mother to allow her to send her off to art school for a proper artistic education.

It's at art school where the Princess learns about a whole new world, new people, lifestyles--a freedom she had never experienced before and a love that was new to her.

The story begins on the day of Princess Louise's marriage, an arranged marriage. The bridegroom is The Duke of Argyle Lorne. He is handsome and Princess Louise believes she will be very happy, but Lorne has a secret that destroys any chance of the future the Princess wants.

Living only a half life, Princess Louise has her mother's American secret service man, Stephen Byrn--the Raven go in search of a former male friend of her's from art school. A young man who simply disappeared. While searching for the young man, Stephen begins to see the Princess as how she once was--young, beautiful and full of life.

While all this is going on, there is a plot by the Irish to kidnap the Queen and an even bigger threat to the Princess and her closest friend.

I just LOVED this book! I've not read lots of historical fiction, but I have to say I'm hooked! I loved Princess Louise and I wanted more than anything for her to find happiness! I know I will be waiting to read more by Mary Hart Perry! (oh I just love the cover, too!). Highly recommend!!!!

Follow Mary Hart Perry

Buy a copy of The Wild Princess by Mary Hart Perry

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review. I don't read a lot of historical fiction either, but every now and then I find a gem. :)

    ReplyDelete