Friday, March 1, 2013

THE FIVE W'S OF Samantha Wilde





THE FIVE W’S 
Of Samantha Wilde


WHO? Who are you besides a writer? 
I am a mother, a “Mama! Mama! Mama!” Even before I was writing my first books (at age five), I was pushing baby carriages and dressing my half dozen dollies. I always wanted six children; I have three! I love mothering. I find it challenging, fascinating, and fulfilling. My children have given me the best education of my life. I truly feel it is my joy to mother them. Or I should say to let them teach me how to mother!

I am also a yoga teacher and an ordained minister and people often ask me about being a women’s fiction writer and a yoga teacher and a minister and how these can possibly fit together. I truly don’t feel I chose my work. It chose me. It feels organic to how I live in the world. In the end, all the different pieces of who I am come out in my writing.

WHAT? What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time?
Spare time isn’t really something that happens much for me! But there’s space in my life with my children to enjoy activities together. In the little corners of my own alone time, I love to read. I generally have several books going at the same time, a novel, a parenting book, something spiritual, too. I also love to hike and to walk, things we do as a family. I love to practice yoga. I play with my children a lot and read to them all the time. I especially enjoy being with my little ones outside.

WHEN? When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I am the daughter of a novelist and I grew up with the understanding that people wrote; it was just what people did! I wrote books from a very young age. In high school, I worked ambitiously on stories and poems that I sent off for publication. I have the beginnings of at least a dozen novels. I think I wrote my first novel at twenty. It’s probably terrible, but what an amazing realization to find out you can sustain a story for nearly four hundred pages.

WHERE? Where do you write? 
I write in nearly every room of my house. I have a small lap top and I work where no children are napping (!), as I write usually during nap time. I have a small office where I get my best writing done. Revising can happen on the living room couch or at the kitchen table.

WHY? Why do you write?
Is it a choice? My first novel, This Little Mommy Stayed Home, I wrote when my first child was nine months old. I wrote during his nap-times. I wrote because I couldn’t not write, and I wrote, very much, for myself, and my own creative sanity and sense of self. I also wrote the book I wanted to read. My mother has a phrase, “Put it in your work.” It’s good to have life going on, in all its messiness. It gives you something to put into your work, and the work, the writing, helps to make sense of so much that can so often seem difficult to understand. I write because I love books, also, and because I love stories, and that wonderful moment when you read a book and escape into another world. What a magical power!

Now get to know all about Samantha's new book!


I'll Take What She Has: A Novel
by Samantha Wilde 

(taken from GoodReads):


Nora and Annie have been best friends since kindergarten. Nora, a shy English teacher at a quaint New England boarding school, longs to have a baby. Annie, an outspoken stay-at-home mother of two, longs for one day of peace and quiet (not to mention more money and some free time). Despite their very different lives, nothing can come between them—until Cynthia Cypress arrives on campus.

Cynthia has it all: brains, beauty, impeccable style, and a gorgeous husband (who happens to be Nora’s ex). When Cynthia eagerly befriends Nora, Annie’s oldest friendship is tested. Now, each woman must wrestle the green-eyed demon of envy and, in the process, confront imperfect, mixed-up family histories they don’t want to repeat. Amid the hilarious and harried straits of friendship, marriage, and parenthood, the women may discover that the greenest grass is right beneath their feet.


Buy your copy today!
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Follow Samantha Wilde
Website | Facebook | Twitter

I can not wait to read I'LL TAKE WHAT SHE HAS by Samantha Wilde! My review pile is really large right now, but trust me I'LL TAKE WHAT SHE HAS is in my review pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment