Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Witch of Little Italy by Suzanne Palmieri

Reviewed by Laura Kay


Eleanor Amore finally opens her eyes to the abusive relationship with her boyfriend Copper once she realizes she is pregnant. She is hoping her mom will help her out, but to no avail. She decides she will go back to the one place she always felt she belonged, where she felt safe...back to Bronx. Back to her Amore family! Back to where Eleanor lost her memory when she was ten, but also where she feels she left her heart. 

When she returns to her family, she begins regaining flashes of memories from her earlier life. Learning more about her past pushes Eleanor to figure out the family mystery...what happened the day the Amore's died. The only way for her to have a future is the figure out the past. 

The Witch of Little Italy is filled with magic, family, and tradition. Once I had the chance to really sit down and read I really just didn't want to put it down. I was drawn into the magical world of the Amore's, I wanted to figure out the mystery. I wanted to know and understand the family history! 

The novel mainly goes back and forth between Eleanor's point of view and her Aunt Itsy. The Aunt Itsy chapters gives the reader more information, as well as more questions. Some parts of the mystery I was able to figure out, but man the ones I didn't!! Loved it! This is just a great read! I read a quote on the back of the book that truly sums up and I wanted to share it.

"I was utterly enchanted from the first page, and found myself continually marveling over the effortless grace with which this story unfolded. This is a complex, richly textured tale that practically sings with magic, and I know Suzanne Palmieri has a long and brilliant career ahead of her. In a word: I was charmed."

--Donna Ball, award-winning author of the Ladybug Farm series. 

I honestly agree with Ms. Ball's description of the book! I was charmed! I am highly recommending The Witch of Little Italy! 

Buy your copy of The Witch of Little Italy by Suzanne Palmieri 

Follow Suzanne Palmieri 


The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Sounds like a fun read for an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this and am so glad that I did. It was a five star book for me. I found you through Goodreads when I was posting my review.

    ReplyDelete