Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Relinquishing Liberty by Maureen Mayer

Second Chances Book #1
Publish date:  August 25, 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Liberty Davis’ life is turned upside down when her brother took his life.  She was left to pick up the pieces of her family and putting her own life on hold. 

Four years later, now twenty years old, Liberty has decide to start living for herself again and make a fresh start.     She found a job and a place to stay with Brett and Maddie, they quickly become her new family.   What she doesn’t expect is Shayne.  Shayne has a reputation for being a player.  Liberty is falling for him, hard.   Dealing with her past and his past could pull them apart, Liberty will have to make a choice of whether to follow her heart or give up on Shayne.

My Review:

I absolutely loved this book.   Once I started reading I could not stop reading.    I laughed and I cried and, oh, those steamy scenes.   The pace was perfect, speedy but not skipping over the important parts.  I knew that I would be up late having to finish and make sure the right guy got Liberty.

Liberty is my favorite type of character.   She is family orientated, but able to stand on her own and stand up for herself when needed.   She also knows when to rely on her man.  The fact that she had a rough history, but was not shy about sharing it with those important to her made her a heroine to me.   What she went through would break many people but in her case it managed to make her stronger.  

Shayne Thompson made me tingle.   He is absolutely amazing.  With his history he had to fight to win Liberty.  I was hoping for him to come out the winner, but knew that either way he would come out a better person.  The scenes with him wooing Liberty are my absolute favorites in this book.  


I will certainly recommend this book. 

Purchase Links
Goodreads   |   Amazon   |    Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment