Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Betrayed by Rebecca York

Rockfort Security #2
Publish Date July 1, 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

There is a spy in S&D systems who is leaking top-secret information that could lead to extreme disasters. It's up to Shane Gallagher to uncover the mole and set things right.

Systems analyst Elena Reyes had no intention of stealing company secrets until her brother's life was threatened by the cruelest of mobsters. When Elena finally confesses her deeds to Shane, he's ready to do everything he can to keep her out of danger. But will Shane's help be enough to protect them, or will his good intentions leave them all for dead?

My Thoughts:

While I love a good romance book, this book is so much more than that.   The drama and suspense was what really held my attention.  I loved the intrigue of not knowing who the bad guy really was.  I was pretty sure Shane was a good guy, happy to say I was right.    Yet, I was kept on my toes guessing who was really behind the chases and gun fights just to get a program from Elena.    The surprise at the end was worth reading the entire book.  

Shane and Elena’s romance was interesting.  I had a hard time with Elena seducing Shane and giving him her virginity so quickly.    Also the circumstances of their first time were just off to me.   As the story continued I could see more and more how their feelings kept growing.   It was also hard for me to believe that Elena would brush off her parent’s strict upbringing at the first hot guy that wanted her.    I enjoyed their stories, but a lot of it seemed a little off to me.  

I enjoyed Betrayed, reading it in less than 24 hours.   I would recommend it to someone looking for a quick and easy read.   

Book Links


No comments:

Post a Comment